MSDE Service Pack 4
kzendra
2008-03-18 13:37:03 UTC
I have successfully upgraded SP4 for MSSQL 2000 in my Windows 2003 Server
Standard Edition SP2. I have another 2 SQL instances which I got from MSDE
installation. I tried to upgrade MSDE to SP4 but I got an error message as
in the attached file.
Thank you so much for your guidance.
Best regards,
Chanchoth
You need to set the instance name in setup.ini
This is contens of the setup.ini on my instalation:

SECURITYMODE=SQL
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
SAPWD="myPasswd"
INSTANCENAME="MyInstance"
--
It ain't the fall that kills you
It's the sudden stop at the bottom.

http://www.opelclub.hr/
kzendra
2008-03-18 16:52:11 UTC
I follow your instruction, but I still got the same error. I tried to set in
the instancename="server\instancename" and instancename="instancename".
Could you please bright me the way? Thank you.
Hmmm, the correct usage is INSTANCENAME="instancename"
You can install only once with one instance name. Check add / remove
programs for that instance, maybe it was allready installed...

http://www.opelclub.hr/
Blake
2008-04-18 15:59:45 UTC
try this