MSDE sp4
Blake
2008-04-03 16:38:24 UTC
I have MSDE installed from a Crystal Enterprise installation. It is
throwing flags on our security scan and needs to be moved to SP4. A
straightforward upgrade, I am told, doesn't work.

How might I upgrade this app?

Thanks
Andrea Montanari
2008-04-04 15:09:22 UTC
hi B,
Post by Blake
I have MSDE installed from a Crystal Enterprise installation. It is
throwing flags on our security scan and needs to be moved to SP4. A
straightforward upgrade, I am told, doesn't work.
How might I upgrade this app?
actually executing the MSDE sp4 setup in "upgrade" mode... in my experience
always worked as expected..
are you experimenting troubles doing so?
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org
--------- remove DMO to reply
Blake
2008-04-16 14:28:00 UTC
I appreciate your comment, Andrea.

I found this command line

setup /upgradesp sqlrun sapwd=mypassword securitymode=sql

At this site (give credit)

http://www.webapper.net/index.cfm/2006/10/19/Upgrading-MSDE-RTM-to-SP4

This DID work for me. (I think this was your suggestion as well)

Thanks again,
Blake
Post by Andrea Montanari
hi B,