REMOTE CONNECTION FOR MSDE
Ahmet Aşçı
2008-08-01 10:21:44 UTC
I TRY TO CONNECT TO MSDE BUT I GOT A FAILED

ALTHOUGHT I OPENED 1433 PORT AND I CONFIGURED FIREWALL

HOW CAN I SOLVE .
Andrea Montanari
2008-08-01 10:23:06 UTC
hi,
Post by Ahmet Aşçı
I TRY TO CONNECT TO MSDE BUT I GOT A FAILED
ALTHOUGHT I OPENED 1433 PORT AND I CONFIGURED FIREWALL
HOW CAN I SOLVE .
what kind of exception are you reported with?
are you sure your MSDE instance is listening on tcp/ip 1433 port? please
check the setting with svrnecn.exe..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://www.hotelsole.com
--------- remove DMO to reply
Ahmet Aşçı
2008-08-01 13:47:58 UTC
I M SURE THAT MSDE IS LISTENING ON TCP 1433 PORT

I M USING THIRT PARTY PROGRAM TO CONFIGURE FOR MSDE

WHEN I CONNECT LOCAL MSDE DATABASE FROM OUT OF OFFICE

THE PROGRAM SAID THAT : DATABASE DOES NOT EXIST OR ACCES DEINED

TO LOGIN I AM USING USER:SA PASS NULL
Andrea Montanari
2008-08-01 15:10:18 UTC
hi,
Post by Ahmet Aşçı
I M SURE THAT MSDE IS LISTENING ON TCP 1433 PORT
I M USING THIRT PARTY PROGRAM TO CONFIGURE FOR MSDE
WHEN I CONNECT LOCAL MSDE DATABASE FROM OUT OF OFFICE
THE PROGRAM SAID THAT : DATABASE DOES NOT EXIST OR ACCES DEINED
TO LOGIN I AM USING USER:SA PASS NULL
do you mean that only local connections are available? (local connection to
the machine hosting MSDE, while connections coming from the lan are
refused?) if this is the case, MSDE installs by default disabling remote
connections and you have to enable them at install time, providing the
DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 additional parameter or, later at run time, via
Server Network Protocols utility...
--------- remove DMO to reply
Hari
2008-09-26 18:03:01 UTC
I'm having the same problem remotely connecting to a MSDE sql server.

Is windows only authentication should be changed to sql server
authentication to connect remotely?

-Hari
Post by Andrea Montanari
hi,
--------- remove DMO to reply
Andrea Montanari
2008-09-27 16:29:25 UTC
hi,
Post by Hari
I'm having the same problem remotely connecting to a MSDE sql server.
Is windows only authentication should be changed to sql server
authentication to connect remotely?
nope... remote connection is available for both authentication types..