Compatibility MSDE - ORACLE
Phelit
2008-04-30 13:34:02 UTC
Hi everyone,
I would like to know: Does any of you know of any issues, problems or
limitations when running MSDE on a server where an ORACLE DB is already
running? In theory the 2 DBs shoudn't interact together but I'm not sure the
2 programs will accept each other without any problem. Any help will be
useful!

Thank you,
William Vaughn [MVP]
2008-04-30 16:32:34 UTC
These are two totally separate and distinct programs that should not
interact. HOWEVER, as with any other application there will be competition
for RAM and Disk IO space and channel activity. I would not anticipate MSDE
would interfere with Oracle any more than running any other application
alongside.
William R. Vaughn
President and Founder Beta V Corporation
Author, Mentor, Dad, Grandpa
Microsoft MVP
(425) 556-9205 (Pacific time)
Hitchhiker’s Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
Thank you,
Phelit