SQL Express 2005 SP3 and SQL Authentication?
Neil W.
2009-01-28 20:22:31 UTC
Does anyone know of a way to apply SQL Express 2005 SP3 using SQL
Authentication.

Many developers ship their Express-based applications using SQL
Authentication.
Russell Fields
2009-02-04 18:54:59 UTC
Neil,

If I understand you, you want SQL Express 2005 to be using both Windows and
SQL Server authentication. You should be able to configure that at install
time. The command to set the mode is:

USE [master]
GO
EXEC xp_instance_regwrite N'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE',
N'Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer', N'LoginMode', REG_DWORD, 2
GO

FWIW,
RLF
Authentication.