VB6 - SQLSMO
JimK
2008-02-02 00:05:13 UTC
I have a SQL 2000 maintenance program written in VB6 that I update and
distribute when I want to make changes to SQL 2000 database I have to
support. I have to update the program to use SQL 2005, but can't get SQLDMO
to work with SQL 2005.

I've gone thru Google searches to see the options I have, but can't find
anybody that has been able to use SQLSMO in VB6. I have found a reference
to SQLSMO.dll but can't find it in my SQL 2005 folders.

Is it possible to use a VB6 program to access SQLSMO, or use SQLDMO to
access SQL 2005?

Thanks for any info.

Jim K.
Andrea Montanari
2008-02-02 10:26:37 UTC
hi,
Post by JimK
I have a SQL 2000 maintenance program written in VB6 that I update and
distribute when I want to make changes to SQL 2000 database I have to
support. I have to update the program to use SQL 2005, but can't get
SQLDMO to work with SQL 2005.
I've gone thru Google searches to see the options I have, but can't
find anybody that has been able to use SQLSMO in VB6. I have found a
reference to SQLSMO.dll but can't find it in my SQL 2005 folders.
Is it possible to use a VB6 program to access SQLSMO, or use SQLDMO to
access SQL 2005?
Thanks for any info.
try staring reading
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zsfww439(VS.71).aspx
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org
--------- remove DMO to reply
Chris.Cheney
2008-02-02 16:31:09 UTC
Post by JimK
I have a SQL 2000 maintenance program written in VB6 that I update and
distribute when I want to make changes to SQL 2000 database I have to
support. I have to update the program to use SQL 2005, but can't get
SQLDMO to work with SQL 2005.
I've gone thru Google searches to see the options I have, but can't
find anybody that has been able to use SQLSMO in VB6. I have found a
reference to SQLSMO.dll but can't find it in my SQL 2005 folders.
Is it possible to use a VB6 program to access SQLSMO, or use SQLDMO to
access SQL 2005?
SQL Server 2000 SQLDMO works for me against SQL Server 2005 Express.

If SQL Server 2000 SQLDMO is not available, see

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D09C1D60-A13C-
4479-9B91-9E8B9D835CDC&displaylang=en

for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components:

"The SQL Server Backward Compatibility package includes the latest versions
of Data Transformation Services 2000 runtime (DTS), SQL Distributed
Management Objects (SQL-DMO), Decision Support Objects (DSO), and SQL
Virtual Device Interface (SQLVDI). These versions have been updated for
compatibility with SQL Server 2005 and include all fixes shipped through
SQL Server 2000 SP4"

HTH
JimK