Where to find MSDE 1.0 with SP3 integrated
Uwe Kanndas
2008-08-28 08:52:59 UTC
Hello,

i try to install MSDE 1.0 and do get an error message. after a lot of
google trips i found this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249294/en-us/

i do get the same error and i think the solution is not far away. how
can i avoid the pop-up during the installation? is it possible to
include sp3 in the msde 1.0 installation files?

the solution to run the update manually after installing msde does not
work for me, because we do silent remote installs and don't want any
user activity or pop-up's. everything should be silent. and no, we can
nt upgrade to a newer version right now.

thanks for any hint's.

best regards.

Uwe Kanndas
Andrea Montanari
2008-08-28 10:41:51 UTC
hi Uwe,
Post by Uwe Kanndas
Hello,
i try to install MSDE 1.0 and do get an error message. after a lot of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249294/en-us/
i do get the same error and i think the solution is not far away. how
can i avoid the pop-up during the installation? is it possible to
include sp3 in the msde 1.0 installation files?
the solution to run the update manually after installing msde does not
work for me, because we do silent remote installs and don't want any
user activity or pop-up's. everything should be silent. and no, we can
nt upgrade to a newer version right now.
MSDE 1.0 is no longer available for download, and as far as I can remember
it was not available as a slipstream directly upgraded to sp3 level..
you can have a look at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads and search for SQL
Server 7.0 related download.. in a very quick search I did not find sp3 but
sp4
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b39115b-879d-45fe-80d1-4f0900993a92&DisplayLang=en
but it really was a very quick search.. try your self for better results..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://www.hotelsole.com
--------- remove DMO to reply
Uwe Kanndas
2008-08-29 06:32:50 UTC

i do have MSDE 1.0 still here and also the SP4 for SQL Server. Is it
possible to integrate that SP into the MSDE installation file or was
there a MSDE 1.0 version with SP4 included in the past?

Thanks for an answer.

Uwe Kanndas

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:41:51 +0200, "Andrea Montanari"
Post by Andrea Montanari
hi Uwe,
Andrea Montanari
2008-08-29 10:36:58 UTC
hi Uwe,
Post by Uwe Kanndas
Hi,
i do have MSDE 1.0 still here and also the SP4 for SQL Server. Is it
possible to integrate that SP into the MSDE installation file or was
there a MSDE 1.0 version with SP4 included in the past?
no, it's not possible to produce a slipstream and it was not available in
the past..
you have to install MSDE 1.0 RTM and later apply the required service pack..