Upgrade to SQL Express blocked
Candee
2007-09-22 15:08:01 UTC
Hello;
I am trying to upgrade a MSDE 8.0 SP3 to SQL Express.
I haven't been able to get the upgrade to work; when I select "default
instance", the upgrade is blocked
I was going to simply uninstall MSDE, but there's nothing in Add/Remove
programs.
When I attempted to upgrade MSDE to SP4, I received a "program not installed
for this user" error.

Any insights, hints, or links are much appreciated.

thanks!
Candee
Jonathan Psaila-Depasquale
2007-10-01 09:48:38 UTC
Hi Candee,

I would suggest that you follow the suggestions in this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320873

Jonathan