SQL error message
MT
2008-05-13 17:21:00 UTC
I have an error message that appears after windows xp loads. It says:
" SQL server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (
could not open SQLEVN70.rlll ) Please uninstall and then re-run setup to
correct this problem". I removed SQL using the add remove software from
control panel. I downloaded it once again from microsoft.com. I wasn't sure
which download suits me. I chose one but the same problem exist. Can anybody
help?
Russell Fields
2008-05-13 17:43:00 UTC
MT,

For some reason, the file is missing from where it is expected. This could
happen if you renamed your computer. If that is the case, try this KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195759/en-us

Other discussions (Read down at the end of these, since there is spinning of
wheels at the start.)
http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=52945
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=724577&SiteID=1

Notice the second solution involved copying the 'missing' file to additional
directories until it worked. (Not exactly scientific, but it gives you a
clue.)

RLF