Which Version of MSDE to use?
Chris
2008-04-02 20:16:02 UTC
I need to load MSDE on a client computer to support an access databases that
kicks off a DTS package. Since SQL Server 2005 does not directly support
DTSRUN should I install MSDE 2000?

Thanks,

-Chris
Andrea Montanari
2008-04-03 15:30:02 UTC
hi Chris,
Post by Chris
I need to load MSDE on a client computer to support an access
databases that kicks off a DTS package. Since SQL Server 2005 does
not directly support DTSRUN should I install MSDE 2000?
yes, you can, installing MSDE sp3a or MSDE sp4 (better choice :D )..
but, as regard SQLExpress, you can probably install from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50b97994-8453-4998-8226-fa42ec403d17&DisplayLang=en
the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components, that
include dts 2000 runtime as long as other v.2000 related (and deprecated)
features..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org