need to install SQL Server Agent SQL Express 2005
Gilbert
2008-04-26 00:04:00 UTC
I am running SQL Express 2005 and I need to install the SQL Server Agent so I
can use it to do backups. How do I do that?
Andrea Montanari
2008-04-26 13:18:42 UTC
hi,
Post by Gilbert
I am running SQL Express 2005 and I need to install the SQL Server
Agent so I can use it to do backups. How do I do that?
SQL Server Agent is not available in the SQLExpress (both editions) SKU..
for scheduled tasks you have to rely on alternate solutions, usually using
the OS native scheduler, similar to
http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=27 and
http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=29 ..

third party solutions provides an alternate scheduler like
http://www.valesoftware.com/products-express-agent.php (commercial) or
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/SQLAgent.aspx (free)..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org