SQLEXPRESS: Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: The account is disabled.
Oleg Ogurok
2005-10-31 01:58:17 UTC
Hi all,

I've installed Visual Studio 2005 professional with SQL Express Edition. A
third party app needs to use it. When installing, it's asking to login as
'sa' user.

I've enabled MIXED MODE in Registry and reset the 'sa' password with
'sp_password'.
However, if I enter the correct password, I get

SQLEXPRESS: Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: The account is
disabled.

How can I enable this account?

Thanks,
-Oleg.
Andrea Montanari
2005-10-31 14:57:46 UTC
hi Oleg,
Post by Oleg Ogurok
Hi all,
I've installed Visual Studio 2005 professional with SQL Express
Edition. A third party app needs to use it. When installing, it's
asking to login as 'sa' user.
I've enabled MIXED MODE in Registry and reset the 'sa' password with
'sp_password'.
However, if I enter the correct password, I get
SQLEXPRESS: Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: The
account is disabled.
How can I enable this account?
ALTER LOGIN sa
ENABLE;

Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtm http://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.15.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.60.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
--------- remove DMO to reply
qingzhuan
2008-11-27 19:56:15 UTC
here's how i fixed the problem:
1) Open SQL Server Management Studio Express and Login
2) In Object Explorer, click Security followed by Logins
3) Right click sa user and select Properties.
4) Uncheck Enforce password policy
5) Select Status. Click the Grant and Enabled radio buttons. Click OK
6) In the Registered Servers top pane, right click on the database and choose restart

that should fix your problem.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/107_2005_10_0_0_627785/SQLEXPRESS-Login-failed-for-user-sa-Reason-The-account-is-disabled-.ht

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com/g/