Script Wizard in Sql Express 2008 -- missing objects, blowing up
serzsa
2008-10-21 06:15:00 UTC
I have a particular database in Sql Server Express 2008 that references some
tables on the same server in a different database. If I try to script it in
Sql Server Management Studio via "Tasks-Generate Script..." etc., selecting
all objects -- it would miss some of the objects in this same database (not
the other one). If I try to do it setting "Generate Script for Dependent
Objects" to false, then it won't script at all giving instead an "Object
reference not set to an instance of an object." error while performing
"Determining objects in database 'db_name_here' that will be scripted." task.

I wonder if anyone experienced something similar. I ended up creating a
Powershell script which I run against the same database successfully
scripting everything.

What's going on?
Carlos Gonzalez
2008-12-14 05:05:01 UTC
I have a similar problem with the Script Wizard freezing in the first step
"Determining objects in database 'blabla' that will be scripted"
I am only selecting a few stored procedures and I have all the options for
dependent objects and such turned off.
What's going on?
Robert Heuber
2009-01-21 09:36:04 UTC
Hello,

i have the same problem while creating Scripts with the MSSMS. Some Tables
will not be included in the script. The Wizard show successfull but the
scripts doesn't include the Create Table.

Ich have tested on SQLExpress2008 with Tools.

I'm glad for any hints.
Regards
What's going on?
rainer butzki
2009-02-05 10:08:27 UTC
I have the same problem and no idea.

I use the SQL2008 Standard and start Tasks/Generate Script for a database.
I select all tables or all views.

It runs fine. There is no error message. But some tables/views are missing.

Hopefully someone has an idea to solve the problem.

Rainer
Gokhan Akca
2009-04-20 20:11:01 UTC
it seems to be a known bug.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958793/

I ran across the same problem. Tomorrow I will give SP1 a try. Really don't
know what Microsoft is doing all the day. Perhaps not enough human
resources...