How to make 2 installation of MSDE coexist on one PC ?
JacquesT
2008-03-26 17:48:43 UTC
Hi All,

We have 2 apps that use MSDE 2000. One app uses MSDE 2000 SP4 and is already
installed on the workstations. If I install, on the same machine, a second
app using MSDE 2000 SP3 then the first app stops working. I was able to run
a conflict detection tool (from Altiris) that gave me a result file
(too big to attach but I could email it to you).

Tthe tools scans two installation packages, created on a newly
installed computer and shows potential conflicts between the 2 apps.

I`d like to know what can I do to make these apps coexist?

Regards,
JacquesT