sql server 2005 database in restore mode
Vikas Murarka
2008-02-11 16:39:02 UTC
Hi folks

I was restoring a database in SQL Server 2005 express edition. Due to a
malfunction, system restarted.

Now when I try to access the database, the status shows as "Restoring
Database". I have tried to restart SQL Server and PC, but there is no
change. Other databases are fine.

Can someone help me go back to my old database, before I started restore?

Thanks in advance.

regards
Vikas Murarka
Tiago Costa
2008-02-14 14:10:17 UTC
try to start restoring the Database again

1. Do a tail log backup of the transaction log;
2. restore all previous backup files with the NORECOVERY option;
3. restore the tail log backup with the RECOVERY optin;

Tiago Costa