VB2005 and SQL
tech-pete
2007-12-28 16:56:00 UTC
We have developed our own program and use SQL Express on one server and Full
SQL on another server. One of our programmers is trying to figure out the
following:

When opening a SQL server database in VB 2005, is there a way to determine
within my program, if the database is a SQL Server Express database, or the
full SQL Server database.
Andrea Montanari
2007-12-28 17:18:56 UTC
hi,
Post by tech-pete
We have developed our own program and use SQL Express on one server
and Full SQL on another server. One of our programmers is trying to
When opening a SQL server database in VB 2005, is there a way to
determine within my program, if the database is a SQL Server Express
database, or the full SQL Server database.
yes, just query the the
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('Edition');
or
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('EditionID');
you get results as indicated in
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/it-it/library/ms174396.aspx, where you can
compare and take "actions" as required..
regards
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org