Import a text-file
sverre
2008-12-08 09:15:00 UTC

I am new to SQL-server and would need some help on how I import a text-file?
I have not created any tables nor the database itself.
I have worked a lot with queries in exisiting databases but never created a
db myself.

Regards
Sverre
William Vaughn (MVP)
2008-12-09 16:14:07 UTC
I would search for SqlBulkCopy to find the (numerous) articles I and others
have written on importing text files. I also think my book would help you
get a quick start on learning SQL Server and database/application
development.
William R. Vaughn
President and Founder Beta V Corporation
Author, Mentor, Dad, Grandpa
Microsoft MVP
(425) 556-9205 (Pacific time)
Hitchhiker’s Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
http://betav.com/blog/billva
http://betav.com
Hi,
Sverre