Event 19011
Joe Welna
2009-01-16 23:16:06 UTC
I have a Windows XP SP3 system (acting as a dedicated peer server in a
workgroup) that needs a named instance of MSDE. Whenever that instance starts
I get event ID 19011. The actual message is:

The description for Event ID (19011) in Source (MSSQL$SAVCE) cannot be found
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event:(SpnRegister): Error
1355.

From what I have been able to discern, this message occurs because the
computer is not part of a domain and can not connect to Active Directory.
Under these circumstances, the message is informational and can be ignored.
Can someone please confirm this for me?

Thanks

Joe Welna
Russell Fields
2009-01-17 13:31:36 UTC
Joe,

The following suggest that your analysis is correct.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840473 specifically mentions that the error
is informational only.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=19011&eventno=2223&source=MSSQL$NETSDK&phase=1

RLF
Post by Joe Welna
I have a Windows XP SP3 system (acting as a dedicated peer server in a
workgroup) that needs a named instance of MSDE. Whenever that instance starts
The description for Event ID (19011) in Source (MSSQL$SAVCE) cannot be found
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event:(SpnRegister): Error
1355.
From what I have been able to discern, this message occurs because the