Restore backup set
Vijayakumar .Y
2008-06-24 12:55:41 UTC
Hi all,
How can I restore a database backup set created from sql server 2005
developer edition to sql server express 2005?
Vijayakumar
Andrea Montanari
2008-06-24 14:27:26 UTC
hi,
Post by Vijayakumar .Y
Hi all,
How can I restore a database backup set created from sql server 2005
developer edition to sql server express 2005?
Vijayakumar
as long as the database does not exceed the SQLExpress edition limit of 4gb
per database, you should be able to restore that backup on a SQLExpress
instance.. you can do it via straight RESTORE statement or via a graphical
solution like SQL Server Management Studio (Express, in case of the
SQLExpress edition, qhich is free)..
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://www.hotelsole.com