Advanced express vs2005 deployment question
Paul
2007-11-08 20:33:39 UTC
I have a vs2005 deployment project and have set prerequisites to include sql express. This is not what I need however since I need the advanced version with full text search.

How can I make sure that the advanced version of sql express is installed when my app is installed?

Is there any way to include the setup bits for adv. sql express in my install so the user doesn't have to connect to the internet? I know this is probably doable, just wonder if there are any specific docs or examples?
Andrea Montanari
2007-11-09 11:48:35 UTC
hi Paul,
Post by Paul
I have a vs2005 deployment project and have set prerequisites to
include sql express. This is not what I need however since I need the
advanced version with full text search.
How can I make sure that the advanced version of sql express is
installed when my app is installed?
you can query the instance for a property,
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('Edition');
which should result in
'Express Edition with Advanced Services'
Post by Paul
Is there any way to include the setup bits for adv. sql express in my
install so the user doesn't have to connect to the internet? I know
this is probably doable, just wonder if there are any specific docs
or examples?
do not know... you've probably better ask in a DotNet forum about
deployment...
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://italy.mvps.org