About MSSQL Audit Logout issue
Jim.Huang
2008-09-25 06:21:11 UTC
hi

I have a database server with MSSQL 2005 installed and two webserver
work on VS.NET 2.0
It works fine before.But when connecting the dbserver from another
remote WebServer with TCP/IP( connection string as "Data
Source=192.168.0.202,48525;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial
Catalog=MyDB01;User ID=dbuser01;Password=dbuser01pwd") ,the remote webserver
can not work stably and the error msg is "Timeout expired. The timeout
period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding",I found the issue is "Audit Logout" takes too many Reads .
Could you help me figure out this issue?
thanks
Andrea Montanari
2008-09-25 10:50:42 UTC
hi,
Post by Jim.Huang
hi
I have a database server with MSSQL 2005 installed and two
webserver work on VS.NET 2.0
It works fine before.But when connecting the dbserver from another
remote WebServer with TCP/IP( connection string as "Data
Source=192.168.0.202,48525;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial
Catalog=MyDB01;User ID=dbuser01;Password=dbuser01pwd") ,the remote
webserver can not work stably and the error msg is "Timeout expired. The
timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or
the server is not responding",I found the issue is "Audit Logout"
takes too many Reads . Could you help me figure out this issue?
thanks
AFAIK, audit logout is just a security event marking someone's disconnection
from the relative SQL Server instance.. and it's values are relative to the
time the connection existed..
"Reads" are "... Number of logical read I/Os issued by the user during the
connection. ..."
where did you find that "input" that your problem is probably related to
that?
--
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz http://www.hotelsole.com